Thursday, January 13, 2011

THE JOURNEY

I took on a personal challenge at the beginning of 2011 and I’m about two weeks into it.  I knew it was not going to be easy and at times, it hasn’t, but one thing had been the same through it all-God is always by my side.  Praise the Lord for that!!

A phrase I adopted from someone for my journey is ‘more of HIM, less of me.’  Even more specifically in 4 areas of my life…

1)Mental- This year I want my mind and thoughts to be something that honor Christ.  I’ve heard a quote said many times ‘what if your thoughts were played on a big screen, would you be embarrassed by what people were watching?’ I want my thoughts to exemplify Christ.  A friend brought 2 Corinthians 10:5 to mind several weeks ago.  It says, “…and take every thought captive to obey Christ.”  Jesus, this is my heart’s desire.

2)Social- This year I want my social life to honor and glorify Christ.  I want to tell others about Christ.  I want people to see Christ when I talk.  This is one of the hardest for me because most people that know me know I’m quiet and shy, but Lord may people see You in me!

3) Physical-This year I want to lose weight and get healthy for the honor and glory of Christ.  One of my favorite shows is Biggest Loser!  I see these overweight people and I love their determination to get healthy.  I was thinking about the show, my life and Christ’s plan for my life.  He did not intend for me to sit and do nothing all day, but wants me to live my life for Him.  I know that it is not going to glorify Him if when I’m 30 years old I am extremely overweight and unable to fulfill His call on my life.  So after two weeks of exercising and really watching what I eat, I have lost about 7 pounds and actually ran about ¾ a mile! (I know to some that’s nothing, but to a person that HATES running it’s HUGE)  I give all the praise and glory to God for this! Lord, help me keep going!  I want to honor you with my body!

4) Spiritual- This year I want to dig into Gods word and really get to know Him.  It’s amazing how I can be going through something, but sitting quiet waiting on the Lord and He continually allows people (like my mom, a chapel speaker, friends,  etc) and His word to say things that encourage and strengthen me in Him.  One of the biggest things the Lord has been teaching me over the past couple weeks is He has me in the exact spot He wants me in for a reason whether to teach me something or prepare me or reprimand me, but He is sovereign and knows what He is doing.  I may want to speed up time or think something should be happening or whatever, but God is great and sovereign.  I need to be content in Him.  Lord, I want to be content and complete in You.  Keep teaching me and showing more about Yourself!

Ok that’s enough for week 2! Thank you Lord! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment