Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Adios 2010….Hellooooooooooooo 2011!

 Wow!  I can’t believe that 2010 is already over.  Seems like it just started and it is already over.  Many things filled my year.  Things including second semester of my freshman year, 19th birthday, a college snow day complete with sledding, a breakup, SUMMER time, family time/vacation, 2 weeks of AMAZING camp, the beach, family reunion, sophomore year of college, new friends, and many other memories.  This year has not been completely easy though.  It has had its hard times and hard decisions, but God has been faithful through it all!

I rarely have regrets, because I take them as opportunities for which Christ is trying to teach me something.  I do have one regret from this past year which results in my ‘New Year’s resolution.  I don’t feel like I spent enough of my time learning more about my God and getting to know Him better.  I heard someone say this and it has been on my mind for a while because I see how sinful I can be…SHINE- More of Him, less of me.  This year I am going on a journey to have more of Christ and less of me.  I’m tired of having my life about me.  I want to show more of Christ IN EVERY AREA.  This includes physical, mental, social, and spiritual. 

As I progress through this journey, I want you literally and physically to see less of me.  I want to lose weight and become healthier for the honor of Christ.  Mentally I want to continually have my thoughts on Christ, so that my mind will not wonder onto things less honorable.  Socially, I want to exhibit Christ in every action and word.  Spiritually, I want to be in God’s word so I have a passion to study, learn, and memorize.

This won’t be an easy journey and I know that, but I really believe this is what Christ wants me to do.  He is worth serving and I truly want ‘more of Him, less of me’ in my life.

1 comment: