Sunday, January 20, 2013

NEVER


Yes, it’s been several months since I last blogged, but I want to share what God is doing… I’m continually amazed at how despite/in spite of my sinfulness, He still chooses to work in my life…

As I think back over the past year, I remember the faithfulness of God.  Not only in a ‘yes! God is faithful, because the Bible says so’ kind of way, but also in an experiential ‘I have seen His faithfulness’ kind of way.  I love Hebrews 13:5b, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  At various points during the spring semester of my junior year of college, I knew God was faithful and would never leave me, but I was having a hard time understanding the plans God had for me.  I felt like I should already know the answers to some of life’s biggest questions, but this time a year ago I had absolutely no clue.  I would reflect on the verse in Hebrews, but the waiting and not knowing part was difficult.  About seven months ago, I get Facebook message during a not so great time, but little did I know that message would change my life forever.  It was a message from a man that would become my best friend!  Two months after that message, I have a meeting about a possible job opportunity.  Within months of being overwhelmed and stressed about things in life and wondering what God was doing, He went above and ‘beyond anything I could ever ask or think’ (Ephesians 3:20).  It was then I heard two songs that have come to mean so much to me.  Matt Redman’s, Never Once, “Scars and struggles on the way, but with joy our hearts can say.  NEVER ONCE did we ever walk alone.  Carried by Your constant grace.  Held with Your perfect peace.  NEVER ONCE, no, we NEVER walk alone.  NEVER ONCE did we ever walk alone.  NEVER ONCE did You leave us on our own.  You are faithful, God, You are faithful.”  Also, Elevation Worship’s, Give Me Faith, “Give me faith to trust what you say that You’re good and Your love is great.  I’m broken inside.  I give you my life…I may be weak.  Your spirit’s strong in me.  My flesh may fail.  My God you NEVER will!” Now, a year later, I am working as an intern at Grace Baptist (LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!), enjoying time with my boyfriend, and basking in the faithfulness of my Savior.  Whether good things happen or bad things happen, God is so very faithful!! You can trust Him to remain faithful, because Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment