Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An exciting opportunity to see God work


God is always working in every situation whether I chose to see or recognize it or not.  Satan began fighting different areas of my life very strongly about the week before I came home for the summer.  Although I was ready to come home and see my family, I was not in any way ready to say goodbye to my friends and church, which have become family even more this year, but God knew I needed time away from Winston to focus on my relationship with Him and the opportunities I would have this summer.  So it was home I came with a rough attitude and really missing my friends.  But…this summer, I have the awesome opportunity to intern in the children’s ministry at my home church.  I could not be more ecstatic for this opportunity, because it is exactly what I want to do with my life…I want to work in a children’s ministry and with camp in some way in the future.  I knew, however, something had to change with my attitude for this opportunity to be profitable and the Lord to use me this summer.  God and I spent some much-needed time together on Tuesday then Tuesday night I met with the children’s ministry directors.  The meeting was informational, but also encouraging in so many ways- not just within the informational things of the ministry, but also in life.  Hearing about ways God is working/has worked in the lives of these two godly women that God has allowed me to work alongside was extremely encouraging and gave me a new perspective on the situation.  God works in the littlest things, such as these two women going off on a rabbit trail not even knowing how much it encouraged me and pointed me to the Lord.  I’m so excited for the opportunity work with two godly ladies in the children’s ministry and learn from them, but also excited to see how the Lord will work this summer!! Let this journey begin…updates of the summer to follow! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment