Dictionary.com gives the word ‘WAIT’ these meanings: to remain inactive or in a state of repose, as until something expected happens; to look forward to eagerly; to be in readiness for; be reserved for, await. In today’s time, we live in such an ‘instant gratification’ world. People typically do not like to wait, me included. That is the reason for fast food restaurants (drive up to order, pull around and there is your food), pay at the pump gas stations (people want to pay with plastic and not wait in lines), online shopping, and overnight shipping, etc. Simply put, ‘I don’t want to wait! I want it NOW!’
Usually, I am a patient person and do not mind waiting. Recently, I have become very impatient with God and not waiting to wait on His timing, but He is convicting me of that sin. So many unknowns occur in life. I jokingly said the other day, ‘I wish crystal balls were real and I had one, so I could see exactly where my life is headed.’ Well I quickly came to the realization that would never happen, but I can know what is in store for my life. Studying God’s Word and trusting the Lord to lead in my life are two ways I can know, but I will not know now. I MUST WAIT!! Psalm 37:7 says, ‘Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him…’ Yes, I said it the Lord was telling me to wait. I had all these questions running through my head and was constantly thinking about them and I wanted answers to the questions. They were questions like, ‘What does God have for me after college?’ ‘Where am I going to be?’ and a big one, ‘who is the guy that God has for me and when will I know?’ Instead, God gave me the answer to wait and I can clearly see that He is making me wait to grow me even if it is hard. As the Lord was telling me to wait, He also began showing me that I was not where I needed to be spiritually. I need to be so in love with God that He is my focus alone because when He is my focus I will not have to worry about these questions, but I will be trusting God and He will reveal the answers. I love the quote, “Dance with God and He’ll let the perfect guy step in” and I truly believe it because if my desires match His desires then comes Psalm 37:4-5 -“Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD. Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. After a long talk with God last night, this consisted of pouring my heart out at the foot of the Cross and sitting there listening to the Lord, I’m finally to the point that I’m still and waiting for the Lord to lead!!! (which are expressed very well in a part of this song!) J
While I’m waiting
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
No comments:
Post a Comment