Hey ya’ll!! So this is my first blog, I am actually pretty excited about it. I love journaling things, such as prayers to God about an area I was struggling in or something on my heart. I love hearing testimonies on how my GREAT and AWESOME God works in other’s lives. Needless to say, I LOVE MY GOD!!!
As I’ve been thinking about what I want my first blog post to be, one word that continually comes to mind is TRUST. God has been challenging me all summer and even with the start of school with this very thing. I find it so easy to trust people, but hard to trust God. Why is that? People are human and fail continuously, but the all-mighty God has never failed. Why shouldn’t I trust Him? Hasn’t He proven that He’s trustworthy? Well, the Lord started challenging this area in my life in three specific ways: future relationship, camp sickness, and the future plans.
I did a Bible study at my church over the summer called ‘Before You Meet Prince Charming.’ It was probably the most challenging study I had ever done. As we progressed through the study, I continually asked God about the future and He kept saying, “Trust me!” My job was to serve Him whole-heartedly and trust Him for someone.
Many people know of my love for inner-city kids and the camp I work at in the summer, but this year brought challenges no one was prepared to experience. On the last full day of camp, we had so many people sick that it was hard to continue with so few counselors. To me, it seemed like an impossible undertaking with so few counselors and too many healthy campers for the counselors and camp even had to end a day early. But again, Christ told me to trust Him. He was doing this for His glory! Oh, man did He! It was amazing to see the way the Lord pulled everyone (healthy counselors, sick counselors, and other volunteers) together for the final chapel service. Eighteen children got saved as a result of this terrible circumstance!! PTL! Isn’t God trustworthy?!
As I’ve been thinking about what I want my first blog post to be, one word that continually comes to mind is TRUST. God has been challenging me all summer and even with the start of school with this very thing. I find it so easy to trust people, but hard to trust God. Why is that? People are human and fail continuously, but the all-mighty God has never failed. Why shouldn’t I trust Him? Hasn’t He proven that He’s trustworthy? Well, the Lord started challenging this area in my life in three specific ways: future relationship, camp sickness, and the future plans.
I did a Bible study at my church over the summer called ‘Before You Meet Prince Charming.’ It was probably the most challenging study I had ever done. As we progressed through the study, I continually asked God about the future and He kept saying, “Trust me!” My job was to serve Him whole-heartedly and trust Him for someone.
Many people know of my love for inner-city kids and the camp I work at in the summer, but this year brought challenges no one was prepared to experience. On the last full day of camp, we had so many people sick that it was hard to continue with so few counselors. To me, it seemed like an impossible undertaking with so few counselors and too many healthy campers for the counselors and camp even had to end a day early. But again, Christ told me to trust Him. He was doing this for His glory! Oh, man did He! It was amazing to see the way the Lord pulled everyone (healthy counselors, sick counselors, and other volunteers) together for the final chapel service. Eighteen children got saved as a result of this terrible circumstance!! PTL! Isn’t God trustworthy?!
The last trust area He’s been challenging me in is my future! I always thought I knew exactly what God wanted me to be doing with my life, but over the past month or so, God’s been challenging me. After lots of prayer, I feel like God has been opening doors and showing me what He has for me. Although the future kind of scares me, I know that I am to trust Him. He’s got my entire life planned out; He knows what I’m going to be doing a month from now and 10 years from now. Why shouldn’t I trust Him because His plans far exceed anything in which I could ever hope or plan! Hasn’t he shown Himself trustworthy? : )
<3 Meghan
No comments:
Post a Comment